Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I Finally Did It...

Welcome to my new blog!

I know, I know. It's 2017 and I'm just now starting a blog! Why, you ask, did I wait so long? A few reasons. 1. I was scared. Who is going to want to read what little ol' me has to say? 2. I thought I'd be fine without a blog of my very own. 3. What if I didn't have enough "content" to justify a blog?

Well, I am still scared, a certain event proved I did need my own blog, and we'll just have to see if I can come up with enough content.

Anyhoo, back to that certain event I mentioned. Some of you know I have been making "creations" with wood stuff for a few years now. (How and Why will be a later post.) I have been "pinning" photos of my creations on Pinterest and Facebook. When I pin to Pinterest, there is no way to link to a source, so my photos are out there with no way to be attributed to me. This wasn't a really big deal to me, I just thought it was cool if people liked and repinned things I had done.

That is, until, I was scrolling through Pinterest the other day and saw one of my pictures on a design website's post entitled,

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 101 DIY PALLET PROJECTS TO TAKE ON.



(My creation is #80.)

I was stunned, elated, excited and flattered! Something I made was recognized! BUT, who would ever know it was MINE? Now, I'm not saying that the website did a bad thing. They did try to site the source. If you click on the source link, it takes you right to the picture. If they could have given me credit, they would have. Lesson learned. Point taken. Live and learn. Hindsight. My bad.

Well world, I am giving you a source from now on! I am taking credit for my mistakes hard work! Here it is:



I call it, "The Beginning."

No comments:

Post a Comment